Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I can't find my father!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 23 Jun 2008 17:37

Hello. If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be awesome.
I have been looking for my father for ages now and I have gotten absolutely no where.

I have tried so many things. Now i'm just logging on here but his name is so so common - David Anthony Williams!

And now I am stuck. Is it possib;e to find someone that may not want to be found?

Any help appreciated.

Kat X

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 23 Jun 2008 17:52

Give us some info on here and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 23 Jun 2008 19:52

do you know approx year and place of birth?

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 24 Jun 2008 13:11

David Anthony Williams 1950
All of the family are from Port Talbot but my father moved to Bridgend with my mother early in their marraige.

Thanks !!

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 24 Jun 2008 14:57

Do you think he might still be in Bridgend! as I have found two with telephone numbers on 192.com that I could send you!!

Carol

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 24 Jun 2008 15:13

Have you entered his name in the quick search box at the top of the page? He might be in someones tree

There are several David Williams b1950, some in Wales listed in the quick search. But my Welsh geography is poor so not sure if its the right area.

Good luck

Selena

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 25 Jun 2008 16:21

I have tried the quick search but the name is so common that it's not too quick! I have also messaged millions of people with matching details but coming up with nothing.

I have no idea if he would be in Bridgend anymore. He moved to Holland to work and that's the last my mother saw of him, in Rotterdam. My cousine doe sthink that he may have come back but no one knows for sure.

Thanks to you all!

Carol. I have messaged you back!

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 26 Jun 2008 11:20

OK. I have edited my entry. Thank you for the tip.
I shall remember that in future.

Thanks again!
Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 7 Jul 2008 13:22

I am having so much trouble trying to find this one person. Is it possible to find someone that doesn't want to be found? I am starting to think - NO!

Pocahontas

Pocahontas Report 8 Jul 2008 09:57

You could try using the Salvation Army, they can help trace family members.
Your Dad may have changed his name - either officially by Deed Poll or probably more likely , unofficially.
Has he got any brothers or sisters you could try and contact and they could act as a go between as well?
Or try putting an advert in the personal / family section local paper of his last known town or the one he grew up him as he may still be in contact with old school friends.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 8 Jul 2008 13:51

There's still far too much (possibly libellous) information on this thread about a person who may still be living.

If you think he may not want to be found, I honestly don't see the point in trying to track him down.

Maria

Maria Report 8 Jul 2008 14:47

Not being funny but if that's the edited version I can't imagine how it's not been pulled already.

2 sides to every story and all that.

Maria x

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 8 Jul 2008 15:16

Hello, Kat. Whilst I appreciate your problem (being the adoptive mother of a girl who wants to trace her missing birth father), the other members are correct. Regrettably, this is against the T&C's of GR and you may get reported.

I know it's frustrating, but for your own good, it'd be better if you just gave the info privately to the peeps who've offered look-ups - and edit the private info on here deleting the names.

Take care, and good luck!
x

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 8 Jul 2008 21:50

Hi Kat. Well done you for deleting the posting; again, I know it must be so frustrating, but those are the rules.
Take care. :-))
x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jul 2008 23:44

Kat,

You've probably tried this already but there's a D A Williams in the Dutch phone book. Have PMed the details to you.

Rose

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Jul 2008 09:48

I take it my post that's in questioned has been deleted.

Never mind, eh?

Thanks to everyone that's helped(ing)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Thanks again,
Kathryn.