Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is DHSS ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 28 Jun 2008 21:17

I guess I should know what DHSS is but I've lived in California for a very long time now. I've been wracking my brain but can't for the life of me figure it out. How do I get information from them ?

Thanks,
Margaret

Ivy

Ivy Report 28 Jun 2008 21:21

It was the Department of Health and Social Security, but the UK Government changes the names and responsibilities of the different departments fairly frequently.

There has been, since then, a DWP (Dept of Work and Pensions) and a Dept of Health (DoH), but I'm probably out of date already!

kay

kay Report 28 Jun 2008 21:25

Dont forget the department of pension credits

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jun 2008 21:30

Sorry to be a Jonah, but I hope that you can't get info from any of these departments........it is supposed to be confidential!

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 28 Jun 2008 21:46

I'm with you Reggie. But you can't blame a girl for trying..Eh !!

Margaret

Sheila

Sheila Report 30 Jun 2008 13:40

The Department of Stealth and Total Obscurity...

S