Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does FTM 2008 Include Ancestor Chart - Advise Plea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 30 Jun 2008 21:47

Does anyone know if the FTM version 2008 should have an ancestor chart, only I cant find it. I have just bought that version from the Family Tree Fair in York (not sure if it was a good idea) Love the lay out etc, but I am sure there was an ancestor tree on when I first started playing with it and I have just seen a list on Family Tree Forum saying it is included, but I just cant see it. Also I cant seem to be able to add anything except name to most other trees, or brothers and sisters.

Please can anyone with this advise, or even someone who just knows.

Thanks for any advice

Marilyn

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 1 Jul 2008 07:45

Mine is still in its box as I haven't upgraded from the old Version 16.

There appears to be a free upgrade which incluses amongst other things, an Ancestor chart.

Try Googling or have a look at this site

http://www.my-history.co.uk/acatalog/Family_Tree_Maker_2008.html

scroll down a bit to the para headed STOP PRESS 7-12-2007 and you will find a link.

Ron

Ron Report 1 Jul 2008 09:44

Hi Marilyn.

Yes it does only it's called a pedigree chart not an ancestor chart.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 1 Jul 2008 14:00

Thanks to you all for replying, I found the pedigree ancestor chart Ron but cant add siblings, so will have to wait for the all in one tree.

Thanks again

Marilyn

Ron

Ron Report 1 Jul 2008 16:34

Don't hold your breath Marilyn, everybody's been waiting for the last 9 months for the chart features to be updated/completed.

2008 is still nowhere near complete and as for designing charts it's rubbish. Stick with version 16 or earlier.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com