Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

names and spellings wells/welles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 2 Jul 2008 19:14

I have been trying for days no i correct myself weeks to find my great grandpa, i knew the name was wells,but although i had the area wrong i knew he had to be out there somewhere just by chance this afternoon i typed in the name welles and low and behold their he was had been a year out with his birth but hey whats a year. the thing that got me though was when i pulled up the census his name had been spelt correctly on that WELLS.I would just like to say i was about to give the whole family tree thing up, but in the past two hours i have gone back to 1820 and thereis still loads more.So please dont give up just try varients on what you think is your family name even the best of us can get it wrong!!!!! good luck to you all amanda

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Jul 2008 19:28

When I started couldn't find my own father even though I had all the correct details and being a newbie took me ages to think it may be a spelling error his name is Francis and low and behold there he was as Frances!

Paul

Paul Report 6 Jul 2008 10:35

yeah i tried for ages,even thought mum & dad hadn't married.mum & dads name both spelt wrong.dads name panse and mums dallaway.after months of getting nothing.i found dad as Pause and mum as Dalloway.still cant trace dads parentage