Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

could anyone tell me if ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 13:37

can some one tell me if i would find the place of birth on a death cert around 1924. he was born in ireland and died in england.
please help me .im so stuck.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 4 Jul 2008 13:59

No, unfortunately english death certs do not record place of birth.

Take a look here for cert contents.
http://home.clara.net/dixons/Certificates/deaths.htm

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 14:06

thanks for the info, keith in fujairah.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Jul 2008 14:10

Also a thread on TTF

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 14:16

yes i put a thread on both . need all the help i can get .

Karen

Karen Report 4 Jul 2008 15:05

Hello Zoe,
Sorry, but I think I'm going to confuse you now. I certainly have death certs for my grandparents, which does list the place of birth.
Perhaps it all depends on whether the informant of the death actually knew the place of birth.
Best regards,
Karen.

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 15:26

thanks for the reply's

karen what year(s) did your cert have them on.

BPC they both died in england one in 1926 the other one a lot later .

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Jul 2008 15:38

Duplicate thread.............

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 15:48

this isnt a duplicate thread, contents are compleatly different. .

Julie

Julie Report 4 Jul 2008 16:20

Zoe

The contents of the thread might be different but your heading is it he same on both threads

Members that help with doing look ups look on all the boards and what will be unfair is if someone had to pay to do a look up for you, where you might end up with the same info on both threads

zoe

zoe Report 4 Jul 2008 19:09

hello julie i had written that i had put threads on both quite early in the thread but i do see your point

Karen

Karen Report 6 Jul 2008 12:33

Hi everyone,
I have PM'd Zoe, and I'm sorry, but I must admit that I have got my information wrong.
What was in my mind was the fact that when we registered my Dad's death in 2002 the registrar asked for his place of birth.
What I do have, and what I was confused by, are the Certified Copy of Entry for Death's which do list the persons place of birth. I have dates of 1969, 1971, 1986 and 1988.
I'm very sorry to have led you up the garden path so to speak, and I'll just have to 'button it' until I get my facts straight.
Best regards,
Karen.