Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anybody experiencing Ancestry Image problems?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hazel

Hazel Report 7 Jul 2008 19:55

For a couple of weeks now, when 'trawling', after a certain number of successful 'image openings' they flatly refuse to open!! This is very frustrating as I then forget the quarter I had got to! This is trying to find Births and Marriages after 1920. I realise that it would be quicker to go and do it on FindmyPast but I resent having to pay again for something I already have (subscription to Ancestry). There is nowhere that I can find on Ancestry to send them an email, so I have just reported various 'missing images'. Does anyone have any ideas? Or am I the only one with this problem?

Hazel

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Jul 2008 19:59

Its just another way Ancestry have found to make our lives more annoying
when you get a blank drop out of IE or whatever you use and log back in again and repeat the exercise whenever blanks appear, tedious ,,yes.

Hazel

Hazel Report 7 Jul 2008 20:02

Thanks Lindsey, I'll try that!

Hazel

Hazel Report 7 Jul 2008 20:09

Oh B*****!!!! I logged out, brought up a new IE page and logged in again and...guess what...still no images!! I must say I am peeved at paying Ancestry in order to not be able to see images. Do I really have to make a phone call to America or write and send a letter snail-mail to them to get any joy??

Alan

Alan Report 7 Jul 2008 20:11

I have never ever had a problem displaying anything from Ancestry so I am amazed at all the issue people have with the site.

I reckon Genes should start a new board on here just for Ancestry and the related problems ;)

Hazel

Hazel Report 7 Jul 2008 20:14

Hi Alan - I've had a subscription for two (or is it three?) years and this is the first time I've had problems. Maybe it's too much trawling that does it, with so many now being subscribed?!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jul 2008 20:58

Its too much trawling and then using the back button that it doesnt like.after a while the image wont open .Its been a problem for a while and Ancestry has been told but they fob it off as not their website problem Only occurred tho after they added the Try New Ancestry search option

Hazel

Hazel Report 8 Jul 2008 20:44

Has anyone found a way round this? Even logging off doesn't help for quite a while (I managed to open 15-20 images this morning before it siezed up again) - anyway to go back without using back button?!
How do you all get in touch with Ancestry? Phone call to America? Seems a bit OTT doesn't it?!

Hazel

Hazel Report 8 Jul 2008 22:00

Sheila - thank you for that! I finally found out where to send an email from and have now sent it!! I asked if they were negotiating refunds for lack of service!!!

Hazel