Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help With "Family Tree Maker"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorri

Lorri Report 9 Jul 2008 09:08

I am looking to purchase Family Tree Maker 17th edition, does it allow one to install a Gedcom from an old edition of FTM. and is it an easy process,
Cheers Lorri

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 9 Jul 2008 09:17

Yes it does.

By v. 17 do you mean FTM 2008? If so then be aware that it is lacking many of the features of the earlier versions being a complete re-write of the software. Many users have said they are not too keen and await the upgrades that have been promised.

The latest 'old' version is v.16

Lorri

Lorri Report 9 Jul 2008 09:24

Thanks Peter,
the box says Platinum Family Tree Maker 17th Edition, Australian & New Zealand Edition,I believe it to be FTM 2008, it is being sent to me as a gift.
So I am hoping all will be ok with it.
Cheers Lorri