Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with ordering Birth Certificate from GRO.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 9 Jul 2008 10:11

Hello there,

I am trying to order a birth certificate for my grandmothers sister, Flossie Davidson (name registered at birth), I know she was born in 1926 in Q3 - I have found her birth reg but I do not know her actual date of birth. I would like to order a birth cert for her but when I try & do this online, it will not let me continue because I cannot enter her D.O.B - which is unknown.
I have contacted the GRO but have never received a reply.

Can anyone help me with this please.

Regards

Donna x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2008 10:14

you dont need to have any other info other than her name and the GRO ref .You have to tick the Yes box on the first page of the order that asks if you have/know the GRO ref then it wont want any further info on her.

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 9 Jul 2008 10:15

Thanks Shirley, but what do I put in the date of birth box? It will not let me leave it blank.

Regards

Donna

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 9 Jul 2008 10:18

Sorry Shirley, you are right, I was not ticking the box.
I have done this now and I now do not need to put the date of birth in.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Donna

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2008 10:19

you dont need to put that in if you have ticked the Yes box for the GRO ref. You probably better to start again with the order as you probably leaving other info in that is overiding you now ticking that yes box .Less is more when ordering certs you only need to state which type of cert you want the name,tick the yes box and then fill in the GRO where its asked for on the later page of the order .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2008 10:20

we crossed !! glad its done now

Shirley