Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 9 Jul 2008 15:45

hi
has any one had a problem with ancestry?
especially with the bmd section when you want to look at the pages they dont load or the next time its fine for a couple of pages then it stops loading again.they seem to think norton interferes with it but i told them i dont have norton so im waiting to hear back what there going to do.
its making me mad i paid lot of money for something thats so tempemental.
karen

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Jul 2008 15:47

It has been an ongoing problem for many of us for weeks now, seems to be happening since they put the new search facility in.

They say turning of Norton Defender can cure it but I dont use it!

I switched to Firefox and am not having problems anymore.

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 9 Jul 2008 15:49

im fed up i told them im going to cancell and view it free in my library lol
they treat you like your thick on the phone
karen

Irene

Irene Report 9 Jul 2008 16:04

The only way I can look at the pages I want is to switch off pc and then go in again. Such a bad service now and they do not seem to do anything about it. Irene

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 9 Jul 2008 16:11

thats what i mean irene they need compition they wouldnt be so laid back.
karen

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 9 Jul 2008 16:32

it happens on both my laptop and the kids pc
they wont admit a problem and that makes it very frustrating
karen

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 9 Jul 2008 17:38

I have had the same problem, but don't have Norton either. Like others have said, the only way to cure it is to restart my computer.

It's about time they got their act together.

Maxine

Maxine Report 9 Jul 2008 17:43

I have not had the problem you all seem to be having but I have found that I can no longer bookmark the page. I have to google first and jump through lots of hoops before I can do anything.

Occasionally when I am trying to view a document it asks me if I want to subscribe to Ancestry - yet I have already subscribed.

Perhaps it is just me but it is getting really annoying