Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deirdre

Deirdre Report 9 Jul 2008 19:47

Does anyone know how to find out the exact year of someones death i only can guess at an approximate year for my relative.
Deirdre

Maureen R

Maureen R Report 9 Jul 2008 20:36

Hi Deirdre,
I hope you don't mind me tagging onto your question. I can't find my grandfather's birth even by doing a search on both free bmd and ancestry for several year around when I think it was. None of his surviving grandchildren can remember exactly as we were all relatively young. Has anyone any other ideas for where to search other than asking the GRO? I've searched from 1945 to 1965 without success though I think it was between 1950 and 1963
Maureen

Sam

Sam Report 9 Jul 2008 20:56

Maureen, are you looking for a birth or death? FreeBMD doesn't cover the years that you quote.

If a death, maybe he dies in a district you aren't expecting him to be in.

Victoria

Victoria Report 9 Jul 2008 21:00

Maureen,

Do you know when he died? If so you can work out from that the year he was born.

Why don't you put the details up and someone will search for you.

Best Wishes

Jane