Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 10 Jul 2008 13:22

Hi I'm looking up info for Albert Edward Dell born Windover Bucks have got marriage cert 5,jul,1896 to Sarah Minnie Gibson. His father was Charles Dell profession Bootmaker. However can only find an Alfred Dell son of Charles on Census?? I think I'm on the right track as I can't find anyone else that fits? What else could I try ? Can find him on the 1901 census which is the right one but as I go back can only find a Alfred Dell could somebody please do a check for me to see if I am going on the right direction thanks Pauline

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 10 Jul 2008 13:56

I cannot see Albert, but can see Alfred in 1881 and 1891 in 1881 his father Chrarles is a bootmaker his mother is Emma, in 1891 Charles is deceased and Alfred is with his mother Emma.

There is NO sight of Alfred in 1901,
Mmmmmmm
I will look for the birth of Albert

Ann

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 10 Jul 2008 14:00

There is this birth, maybe he like to be called Albert as it was the "in" thing at the time

Alfred Edward Dell
Year of Registration: 1872
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Wycombe
County: Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire
Volume: 3a
Page: 525

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Jul 2008 00:12

Thanks for your help guys - will send off for birth cert. His father was not recorded as deceased on marriage cert

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Jul 2008 00:36

What about the witnesses?

Rose

Pauline

Pauline Report 12 Jul 2008 00:13

Hi Portland Rose
witnesses are a Margaret Gibson and a Eugenie Si ( sorry cannot work out rest of surname )