Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

passenger lists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 10 Jul 2008 16:56

what info do the passenger lists on places such as find my past show? I am interested in 1 entry, but dont what to subscribe for just that if the info held wont help much, or it can be found elsewhere....
Thanks.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 10 Jul 2008 17:00

What name are you after and when/where did they travel, will take a look for you.
Normally name, age, occupation, persons travelling with, date of travel, port of departure/arrival, ship name, size etc.

Simon

Simon Report 10 Jul 2008 17:16

Thank you so much.
Her details are... Nancy Harrison, b 1912 travelling from london to aukland in 1939.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 10 Jul 2008 17:54

Sorry for the dealy in replying, been offline for a short while. Here she is:-

Name: Nancy HARRISON
Date of departure: 11 December 1939
Port of departure: London
Passenger destination port: Auckland, New Zealand
Passenger destination: Auckland, New Zealand
Date of Birth: 1912 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Female
Passenger recorded on: Page 5 of 9

Ship: RANGITANE
Official Number: 149565
Master's name:H L Upton
Steamship Line:
The New Zealand Shipping Company Limited
Where bound: New Zealand
Square feet:
Registered tonnage: 10294
Passengers on voyage: 208

Image shows address, but difficult to read, think it is either 14 Delafad/ford or Nelafad Rd SE16.

Simon

Simon Report 10 Jul 2008 19:01

You star Keith!
Thank you so much, Im 99% certain this is the lady I was looking for.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 10 Jul 2008 20:01

Patricia, unfortunately the passenger lists on Findmypast are only for outgoing passengers, not incoming, I have no idea where you would get incoming passenger list from or even if they were kept.

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 10 Jul 2008 20:08

If you go FIRST to The National Archives, they will give you a link to findmypast and the look-up will be free.

If you go to findmypast first you have to pay to view. I couldn't even get the freebies on that site. They said something about me not having the right programme on my puter. Yet.....when I went first through Natioanal archives I had no problem viewing....Go figure !!!!