Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find someone in Almeria Spain. Where do I

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 10 Jul 2008 20:09

Hello is there anyone out there who knows where I should start if I want to find someone in Spain. He was last known to be living in Almeria and had a yatch called Kima. I can give more info if anyone can help.
Or if anyone can tell me the best place to get in touch with to get help, I would really appreciate it. It is very important to find this man as his brother has prostrate cancer. So need to let him know but also need to make sure he gets checked himself as soon as possible.
Any help however small, would be really appreciated.
Will give more info in pm if someone can help me.
Thank you so much, fingers crossed.
With kind regards Donna

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2008 20:27

Donna,

Have you tried the Spanish phone book?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2008 20:30

http://www.infobel.com/en/world/WorldTeldir.aspx?page=/eng/euro/es&qSelLang=EN

Rose

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 10 Jul 2008 20:50

thank you Rose, I will take a look.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 10 Jul 2008 21:14

sadly no luck

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 11 Jul 2008 13:37

You could put a letter in the local English speaking news papers there - the Round Town News and the Costa Blanca News or Costa del Sol news (not sure which one covers Almeria).

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 11 Jul 2008 13:41

Also, the Spanish phone book is the Paginas Blancas - try googling.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 13 Jul 2008 23:12

Thank you very much We're all crazy now. Will give that a go.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 14 Jul 2008 17:33

Thank you for the info about the spanish news papers. I wrote to one of them and they are going to put a insert in it for me on Friday. So thank you very much.
With kind regards Donna

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jul 2008 17:48

You could try the coast guard/harbour master if his yacht is still registered in Almeria.

Rose

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 19 Jul 2008 22:20

Thank you Rose

Sheila

Sheila Report 21 Jul 2008 16:12

Your advert has just appeared in the Spanish newspapers. Sheila This paper covers mostly the Costa Blanca. Good Luck

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 21 Jul 2008 21:34

Why don´t you put ad in one of the English Speaking free magazines, there are numerous ones covering Almeria, and most English pick up a copy? Unless he is fluent in Spanish it is unlikely he would buy a Spanish paper.

There is also an expat website you could try.

Or contact the yatching fraternity along the Almerian coast, there are quite a few websites on line you could check out. Also you have the name of the yacht, so check with all the Marinas along the coast. I´m sure they will be helpful if you explain it is a medical issue.

Good luck