Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching on FamilySearch.org

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicky

Nicky Report 12 Jul 2008 12:27

Can anyone help me please? I am looking on the Family Search.org site (Mormons) and I know there is a way of doing it, but I can't remember. I want to find other children of the same parents and I am following the instructions on the 'Help' facility, but not getting anywhere. Do you need to put it in batch number first - is someone able to give me the step by step way of doing this? Many thanks. Nicky

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 12 Jul 2008 12:35

Once you have found one child with a batch number, if you enter the batch number and parents names, that should bring up any children baptised in the church with the same parents names.

PS you should be searching the IGI not all sources.

If you would like to give a name, I will walk you through it.

Nicky

Nicky Report 12 Jul 2008 12:37

Thanks so much Keith - it worked first time, I knew there was a way, but couldn't quite remember.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 12 Jul 2008 12:38

Glad to help.

Springwood

Springwood Report 12 Jul 2008 12:39

Nicky if you have one childs christening theres is a batch number starting with C, put this in with only the parents name and if there are other children with that number it brings them up, there may be other children who were christened early/later and wont be on the same batch number. Val

Nicky

Nicky Report 12 Jul 2008 12:45

Thanks Valerie, I will give that a go as well.

Ivy

Ivy Report 12 Jul 2008 13:44

... and an alternative is to put just father's name, father's surname and mother's forename so that you can search across more than one parish