Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish birth look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 13 Jul 2008 16:07

What i want to know is the mothers name please

David Wylie Mcdermid born 1st Oct 1932 Clydebank
And
Twins William and Eric Mcdermid born 1935 either Clydebank or Dalmuir... not sure what part of year it was

I don't know if you can get the mothers full name or not on Scottish records but any info that anyone can find will be great. Thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Jul 2008 16:20

Can not remember the cut off date for actually downloading the birth cert from ScotlandsPeople. After a certain date all it will give is the details needed to order the cert.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 13 Jul 2008 16:21

Ok thankyou.

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 13 Jul 2008 16:30

Hi Debbie - There are details for a David Wylie McDermid born 1932 in Old or West Kilpatrick, Dunbarton. There isn't an image to download so you will have to order the cert which I think is £10. GROS number 501/00 0891.

Sue

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 13 Jul 2008 16:33

Thankyou Blossom i will look into that.

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 14 Jul 2008 08:52

Twins were born in Springburn, Glasgow.

No Year Surname Forename Sex District City/County/MR GROS Data

1 1935 MCDERMID ERIC M SPRINGBURN GLASGOW/LANARK 644/05 1106 No Image

1 1935 MCDERMID WILLIAM M SPRINGBURN GLASGOW/LANARK 644/05 1105 No Image

Parents names and date and place of marriage will be on birth certificates.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 16 Jul 2008 16:45

Thanks Frank for finding that out sorry i have only just noticed the reply. Debbie