Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a place name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 17 Jul 2008 16:21

I n looking through the records my grandparents places of birth are noted as Worcester Dudler, I cannot find Dudler on a map so can anyone explain if it is indeed a place, a parish or what.

Thankyou ever so much

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 17 Jul 2008 16:30

Could it be Dudley?

DUDLEY REGISTRATION DISTRICT
Registration County : Staffordshire (1837-1912), Worcestershire (1912-66), Staffordshire (1966-74).
Created : 1.7.1837.
Sub-districts : Brierley Hill; Dudley; Rowley Regis; Sedgley; Tipton; Wordsley.
GRO volumes : XVIII (1837-51); 6b (1852-1912), 6c (1913-46); 9D (1946-66), 9B (1966-74).

Roy

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jul 2008 17:46

Quite agree, Roy. Dudley is only about half an hour from Worcester, by car.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 17 Jul 2008 18:24

Dudley was in Worcestershire for several years for record purposes

Gail

Gail Report 17 Jul 2008 18:34

Wonderful thank you all ever so much, I think it could well be Dudley given that handwriting styles differ so much. Also the fact that it fell within two different registration counties over time is of great help.