Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do i add other people branches to my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pol

pol Report 24 Jul 2008 20:46

How do i add other people branches to my tree in straightforward easy to understand plain english.

Iris

Iris Report 25 Jul 2008 14:31

pol, if you mean you have found a husband /wife ,for someone in your tree , click on their name ,then on add partner ... if you have fou nd mum/dad click on
first name ,then click add mother/father...and so on . hope this is what you mean..iris

pol

pol Report 27 Aug 2009 23:50

Hi Iris, I know how to add to my own tree.Just wondering how to link a family tree from another member of the site to my own tree.
pol

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 Aug 2009 07:02

Unlike programs such as FTM which allows you to merge trees, you can't do it on GR.

But why do you want to do this? It is not necessarily a good idea to add another's tree unless you have checked all the information and are absolutely sure it is accurate and indeed relevant to your own research.