Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find info Gold membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 25 Jul 2008 18:45

I'm not sure if I have been staring at laptop too long but I'm having difficulty finding just where to go to actually register as a gold member. Can get info about what it is but nothing beyond that. Please help if you can thanks in anticipation Mandy

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 25 Jul 2008 19:34

Mandy

Tried to find where to get Gold membership for you but like you said it just tells you about it about it.

Although like many people will tell you on here, it is not really worth the money to buy credits for the information you get on here. You would be better off with Ancestry.co;uk which has lots more information and you can pay either monthly, yearly or just buy a bunch of credits, whichever you prefer. There is no end of information on there and they are updating all the time.

Hope this helps

Marilyn

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Jul 2008 19:40

I think it is difficult to upgrade but if you are not a paying member it seems easy.
GOLD MEMBERSHIP
Only £34.95 for 6 months
That's just £5.83 a month for unlimited access to the No.1 family history site with over 500 million names listed
UPGRADE NOW

This seems to include the £9.95 normally paid.
So £25 to see the records.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jul 2008 21:02

It would be cheaper to get the Gold membership rather than buy credits to look at the records on here.

But I still question whether it is worth the money anyway?

I believe ancestry is so much better, and has so many more records to research.

Then there's all the other sites!

sylvia

Ellen

Ellen Report 10 Aug 2008 11:11

Thanks Marylin, have decided to look elsewhere for my research mandy!

Ellen

Ellen Report 10 Aug 2008 11:13

Thanks Jim but just had info from Genes and I can't afford to wait until Dec to update, Mandy

Ellen

Ellen Report 10 Aug 2008 11:18

Sorry took so long to reply, in Spain at the moment and not had access to genes...thanks for your help Mandy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Aug 2008 11:50

Bear in mind that GR do not actually have any records, such as census or BMD's, you are just redirected to other sites

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Aug 2008 13:45

I would opt for ancestry every time. I just looked to see what I could get from GR if I did a blanket census search for one of my lines. Ancestry came up with
a total of 150 results (excluding the 1881 census) and GR came up with 61

Ellen

Ellen Report 14 Aug 2008 12:08

Thank you everyone who took time to reply, I think I've made my decision now and am eagerly awaiting my Ancestry package. Again thanks very much