Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family killing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jul 2008 18:59

I’ve recently found out from my great grandmother's death certificate (Mary Foster) that she was killed by a blow to the head by a John Hall (manslaughter).
She died 27th May 1901 and an inquest was held on the 28th & 30th May 1901 in leicester.
I was wondering how I might find out more information, for example are there any genealogy websites that allow you to search through newspaper archives or where copies of inquest records may be obtained.
Sheila.

tigerlilly

tigerlilly Report 25 Jul 2008 19:30

hi shelia you could go to the library they have alot of newpaper records also the local council hope this helps kind regards kerry

tigerlilly

tigerlilly Report 25 Jul 2008 19:33

back again find my past also do it but you have to pay to view

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 25 Jul 2008 19:34

Not sure if the Times Digital Archive could help, never used it but heard others mention it.

Selena

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 25 Jul 2008 22:33

Inquest reports are not available I believe. However you could try looking on www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

You can also look at the Leicester Chronicler .There is a request page . You might find locals willing to search the newspaper for you

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Jul 2008 10:08

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.I'll try contacting the library first and see how it goes from there.
Sheila