Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree and Hot Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 25 Jul 2008 23:25

As during the course of searching your family lines you are sent hot matches and find links to family trees, some of which come up time and again, you make allowances for life and holidays, you send messages and get no acknowledgement of your contact, how do you find out if the people who leave these links are still even searching on Genes, its like tagging ghosts!

Ceefer

Ceefer Report 26 Jul 2008 01:01

I've given up on them as they do not reply back ,I'm still waiting from last year !!

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 26 Jul 2008 01:38

I contacted someone a couple of years ago who had my cousins names on here. She never replied .

Eventually the contacts mother replied and we have exchanged info so be patient

Sam

Sam Report 26 Jul 2008 03:28

This question is asked time and time again...

Some people put their tree on here and never visit ever again
Some people don't check their email very often
Some people are ill
Some people have computer problems and can't reply
Some people die

Basically, there are many reasons why someone may not respond to a hot match or to a personal message. Not everybody isw# obsessed with tracing their family tree (like I am!).