Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census dates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 26 Jul 2008 00:11

1801 was on the 10 th of Marcg
1841 was on Monday 7th of June
1871 was on Sundat 2nd April
1891 was on Sunday 5th april
1901 ws on Sunday 31st March
Hope this info helps anyoe out there
Linda

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 26 Jul 2008 14:27

Well hellaw ther guid wumin,

Furriboots ?

No I am not suggesting that you check your winter foot wear, merely that you quantify your statements thereby allowing extrapolation of the desired information!
This site is after all www.genesreunited.co." UK "

So while the census dates may hold true for England, Wales and Isle Of Man, it may not be so for Scotland or even Ireland where few census returns survive before 1901.

Thanks for the information though.

P.S
Furriboots, Whit?..............Where abouts,........ as heard once in Aberdeen, Scotland , much to even my consternation!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Jul 2008 14:44

Furriboots? I love it, Frank!
So next time someone asks for a look-up but doesn't give any place name, I can just come back with "Furriboots?"
Mind you, being a Canadian, we have lots of furriboots around here, they're called mukluks.
Maybe I could really complicate things by coming back with the question "Mukluks?"