Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Local Fulham Newspaper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 26 Jul 2008 15:08

I recently placed a letter in the local Wolverhampton newspaper. It was put on the editors page and cost me nothing and i managed to contact a distant relative of my Gt Grandparents.

I am now thinking of trying the same thing again but i ned to put it in a Fulham newspaper. I am trying to contact a nephew or neice of my grandfather or if they have died their children.

Can anyone suggest a good popular Fulham paper where i may be able to place a letter on editors page free. If possible can you give me contact details or e mail address of paper.

Thanks

Susan

Susan Report 26 Jul 2008 17:07

Hello Shazzlou,

Try googling Fulham Newspaper

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 26 Jul 2008 17:20

Hammesrmith and fulham Council holds archives including newspapers - try having a word with them to see if they can point you in the right direction;

Archives & Local History Department
Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Town Hall
King Street
Hammersmith
London
W6 9JU

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 27 Jul 2008 14:28

Thank you i will do.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Jul 2008 15:58