Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible overseas deaths?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 29 Jul 2008 10:28

Hi,

I cannot find deaths in the UK registers for my great grandparents, I do wonder if they moved away and died somewhere else.

Is there anyway of finding overseas deaths?

Regards

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 29 Jul 2008 10:32

Findmypast has overseas deaths but you need credits - sorry have not get any left.

When & where were they last known to be alive?

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 29 Jul 2008 10:49

Ok the details I know are this:

Henry Davison born Q4-1891.

Last known was from his roll card for WWI when he left in 1919.

Also his wife

Ellen Davison (nee Hoare) born 1896 -Bradwell,Essex

She had 7 children between 1915 & 1928 - thats the last I know of her, 5th April 1928 when she registered my grandmother's birth.

Henry isnt named as father on the last two birth certs so unsure if the children are his. (If you catch my drift - cos no name so no guarantee)

They married in 1913 in Dover registry office in Kent,The first two children were registered in Dover but then I believe they moved to Salford area around 1916/17 cos two of the children were registered there, but they (or possibly just Ellen) moved back to Dover as the last 3 children were registered in Dover.

Cannot find deaths for either of these and its so frustrating!

Have posted before about it but with no luck!

Your help would be appreciated.

Denis

Denis Report 29 Jul 2008 12:08

When you say you have checked ' The UK registers' that would mean you have checked Scotland and Northern Ireland as well as England and Wales. Is that the case? Have you checked ' Davidson' just in case?

Squeaky020

Squeaky020 Report 29 Jul 2008 12:15

No I dont believe I have checked the Scotland & Ireland registers as I do not know how to access them.

No I haven't checked Davidson which could be worth a try.

The problem is, there could be lots of that name which without the certs I could not clarify really.... I cannot really be ordering every Henry Davidson death cert .....lol that would be expensive!

Will have a browse and see....

Do you know how to access the other records?

Regards

Denis

Denis Report 29 Jul 2008 12:28

I don't know much about NI records but take a look at www.groni.gov.uk.

Scotland has a superb official online access point:

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

I did a quick search just now and there are deaths of Henry and Ellen Davisons listed but it is necessary to buy credits to view the actual records which can then be downloaded. Take a look, but read the instructions they provide first.