Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Please ref contacts.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 30 Jul 2008 18:38

I have just received an email from GR asking for tree access from some one on here but I have not got a clue who they are. William C. is the name they are not in my contact list. Any infor required please contact me.
Phyllis

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 30 Jul 2008 18:50

Phyllis, why dont you reply asking who they are interested in?

Sometimes new members press the button whilst playing and inadvertantly send a message asking for access. Happened to me many times, when asked who they are interested in there is no reply.

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 30 Jul 2008 18:53

This is the thing these no way to reply to them

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2008 18:54

Phyllis

I have also found that if i have done a look up for someone later down the line they have opened their tree for me

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 30 Jul 2008 18:58

Its just a bit frustrating as the name does not ring any bells. I will just have to hope that if its important that they will get back in touch.

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2008 19:18

Just had a thought..is there not a link you can click on, on the E-mail

Alan

Alan Report 30 Jul 2008 20:09

If you look through your list of contacts they might be there and you should be able to mail them asking who they are.

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 30 Jul 2008 21:41

When you look at the message the name of the sender appears above the message box (top left) if you click on the name you can reply to them.

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 31 Jul 2008 12:03

Sorry I have only just got back
Julie, only info on email is go to your list of contact, and they are not there. Not even a message from them. If thye want to see my tree they will have to send me a message.
Thanks for all you help. very much appreciated.
Phyllis