Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS 1881 Census file viewer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jorvikmik

Jorvikmik Report 4 Aug 2008 20:05

I purchased the complete set new a few year ago but soon after changed O/S to XP and it wouldn't work. Emailed LDS but no answer, but now I read there is a patch so I emailed again for patch to either vista or xp pro. Still no answer - anyone managed to get the patch and if so how?

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 4 Aug 2008 20:48

From a different site answered by Guy.

Uninstall the viewer software ensuring that all traces of the viewer have been removed.
Re-install should clear the problem, it is important that all legacy files are removed when uninstalling as if they are not the error may re-occur.

I would recommend using a thrid party uninstaller such as Cleansweep.

Other problems with the 1881 and XP etc. may be found on my website at
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/%7...ramland/lvp.htm
Cheers
Guy

Woody's

Woody's Report 5 Aug 2008 03:18

This is from LDS website - I had XP but now have Vista but it should work for changing to XP as well.

If your computer is running Windows Vista and you are trying to use the Resource File Viewer:
Install the Resource File Viewer 4.0.
Right-click the Resource File Viewer icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab.
Check the box to run the computer in compatibility mode. Make sure Windows XP (service pack 2) is selected.
Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
Click OK.
You should now be able to run the program without any errors.