Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ARMY JARGON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Meduck

Meduck Report 6 Aug 2008 09:35

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. Would anyone be able to enlighten me with what a T2 and a T3 engagement would mean in the army. Thank you

Meduck

Meduck Report 6 Aug 2008 10:01

Have to go off line now, so in the hope someone will come on later and know the answer to my question - I won't be ignoring you I just won't be here - but thanks anyway!

Meduck

Meduck Report 6 Aug 2008 14:46

n

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 6 Aug 2008 14:58

Don't know, I googled and was offered a few sites to look at A-Z's of jargon, but it didn't come up .
So was thinking, either it's a top secret thing, or an outdated term, or just something that's not universally recognised.
Are we talking British Army and are we talking present time....I just presumed you were??

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 6 Aug 2008 15:17

Temporary 2 year and 3 year engagements?
Just a thought.

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 6 Aug 2008 16:09

only reference found.

T1,T2,T3&T4 Horse transport, Army service corps number prefix.

Meduck

Meduck Report 7 Aug 2008 12:05

Sorry been off line.
It was in the info I got for my grandad and it was when he re-enlisted in the army in the 1920s I suspect the T could be for territorial, or yes could be temporary but the 2 don't match with the length of time he was back.