Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Ancestors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellie

Ellie Report 11 Aug 2008 15:08

I have a family from the Isle of Wight where the father Charles Flint (born 1848) is from Ireland (as stated on the various census returns, i.e. 1891 Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 891; Folio 16; Page 26; GSU roll: 6096001). The Flints had 10 children and the second one, Margaret Ann was born in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath in Dec 1876.

I am trying to find details of Margaret's birth, as I think that may unlock the door to the rest of the Irish Flint family - in particular where Charles was from, whether he had any siblings and any other relatives of either his father, Henry Flint or his mother Mary Ann Nolan, both of whom I'm guessing were born around 1825.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, if you can.

Many thanks.

Ellie

Teresa

Teresa Report 11 Aug 2008 15:30

From the IGI not sure if it helps

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLES FLINT Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 28 SEP 1851 Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: HENRY FLINT Family
Mother: MARY ANNE NOLAN

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C700941 1740 - 1837

Teresa

Teresa

Teresa Report 11 Aug 2008 15:31

also :

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

WILLIAM FLINT Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 05 MAR 1854 Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: HENRY FLINT Family
Mother: MARY ANNE NOLAN

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C700941 1740 - 1837 0990093 IT 4 Film 0883867 Film

Sheet: 00

Teresa

Ellie

Ellie Report 11 Aug 2008 16:14

Hi Teresa

Thank you so much. You are a genius!

I already had Charles's baptism, but I certainly didn't have any siblings.

Was that from FamilySearch.org?

Thanks, Ellie.

Teresa

Teresa Report 11 Aug 2008 18:17

Glad to be of help, yes Ellie they were from IGI.