Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 census can any body find this family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 12 Aug 2008 17:00

I seem to have lost a family. Jeremiah Firkins brn 1805 his wife Sarh brn abt 1807 warks? and their children Mary brn warks 1829, Emma brn 1830 warks and Jeremiah brn 1832 warks, and joseph brn 1834 staffs. I know that Jeremiah was a boatman, but I cannot find any of them on the 1841 census, although I have jeremiah jnr and joseph on the 1881 census, and cannot find Jeremiah snr and wife sarah on the 1851 census. I have to brave a downpour now, water wings anyone, and go to work but will check later-thanks

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 12 Aug 2008 18:50

Am bumping in case anyone can help

K

K Report 12 Aug 2008 19:32

Based on thier possible children's births on the IGI I wonder if they were in Worcestershire in 1841 - will look later

6. JAMES FERKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Male Christening: 03 DEC 1843 Alvechurch, Worcester, England

7. EMMA FERKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Female Christening: 07 FEB 1831 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

8. MARY FERKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Female Christening: 09 NOV 1829 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

9. ANN FERKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Female Christening: 28 JUL 1847 Penkridge, Stafford, England

10. WILLIAM FIRKIN - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Male Christening: 30 APR 1827 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

11. JEREMIAH FERKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Male Christening: 02 JUL 1832 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

12. SARAH MARY FIRKINS - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Female Christening: 10 FEB 1839 Saint Peter, Worcester, Worcester, England

13. Elizabeth Firkin - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Female Christening: 02 JUN 1850 St Martin'S, Tipton, Stafford, England

EvG

EvG Report 12 Aug 2008 19:33

There is an Emma and Mary Ferkin, misspelt, on 1841, Mary aged 33 and Emma aged 2. Along with Lydia 13, Elizabeth 8 and William 35. Have you checked it out HO107, Piece 980, Book 5, Civil Parish Harborne, Staffs.

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 12 Aug 2008 20:19

Evelyn, thanks for your time, but that is not them.
K, It is possible that they could be in Worcs, Staffs, or Birmingham. Jeremiah "worked" the canals between these places.

K

K Report 13 Aug 2008 13:00

Lynda

I searched through for the family in 1841 last night but couldn't find any sign. As they were on the boats they may have missed the census.

Were all the children on the IGI theirs and have you found the family in other census than you gave above, as I did find possibles for some of the other children is other censuses

Kay

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 13 Aug 2008 13:29

Kay, the children christened at St Phillips are definately theirs. Can find the children from 1861 census onwards, Jeremiah and Sarah passed over in 1852.