Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would anyone know the answer to this please....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 13 Aug 2008 08:41

I have a marriage cert for one of my Greats & it states she was a minor when married......Now her surname is Martin but she says her dads surname is Addison the same as the man she married

many thanks

Sam

Sam Report 13 Aug 2008 09:37

It could just be an error on the part of whoever completed the certificate, I have come across this before with one of mine.

Sam x

Julie

Julie Report 13 Aug 2008 09:41

Hi Sam

What did you do, cos she was born in the 1820's so no B/C......The 1st names for the dads are different, so do you think it could be right 1st wrong surname

Julie

Julie

Julie Report 13 Aug 2008 10:31

Many thanks Michael

I'll have a look for her in the census before her marriage the only thing is it's the 1841 lol

Thanks too Sam...im off out now

Julie