Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im still stuck..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joy

joy Report 14 Aug 2008 20:25

Hi All
I posted this morning as i wasnt having any luck trying to find someone, almost immediatly someone replied with the in fo i was looking far.
Though i dont doubt for one moment this nice helpful lady did find the info were she told me , i cant find it. Im doing something wrong but i dont no what.Its on familysearch .org is there a certain way i should check .

Thanks

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 14 Aug 2008 20:32

Joy the stickie thread at the top of this board will help you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Aug 2008 20:34

Was it on the IGI ? If so, go to the site and then click on "advanced search", then on the left hand side click on "International Genealogical Index". Then put in the details of the person you are looking for.

Kath. x

joy

joy Report 14 Aug 2008 20:39

Yes it was kathleen.

Thank you claire i checked out the thread but am none the wiser expect i now know there are 2 diffrent types of records. This is all so confusing.

Thank you

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Aug 2008 20:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1071797

was the thread joy posted this morning, if anyone wants to refer to it

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Aug 2008 20:57

joy

Copy and paste this address into your browser

www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

On the page which opens All resources will be highlighted in white at the top of the column on the left.

Click on International Genealogical Index which is the fourth one down. this will turn white and a new page will open.

Put Elizabeth Harper in the first name and White in the surname
For event choose birth/ christening. Put 1821 in the year and make the year range plus or minus 2 years

choose British Isles, england and London greater forthe county, then search