Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any member in Bundaberg QLD who can help me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Llamedos

Llamedos Report 16 Aug 2008 20:37

Trying to trace a person living in Bundaberg, QLD. - any member out there willing to help?

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 16 Aug 2008 21:57

Have you tried the phone book?

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/index.jsp

Valerie

Valerie Report 27 Aug 2008 04:21

Hi there - the QLD State Library has an 'Ask a Librarian' service -(query form on-line) -they will check electoral rolls for you. ...Valerie (WA)

Llamedos

Llamedos Report 3 Dec 2008 22:13

Thanks to all concerned - I can now tell you that I have not yet traced the person in question, but have learnt of several ways of finding living people in Oz.

First there is White pages - telephone directory info.

State Libraries - who can scan electoral rolls, and much more - all for free.

Centrelink - this a a state run organisation - similar to our Pensioner database here in the UK - they will send you a form - you complete it as far as you can, and return it - they in turn will forward it to your missing person if possible. Centrelink will NOT enter into any further corresspondence - its up to the person being traced to respond to your request - if they want to.

Hope this helps.

Llamedos

Llamedos Report 9 Dec 2008 20:53

I am very pleased to inform all members who have tried to help me - thanks to your efforts I have today received a letter from my long lost friends.

Thanks to you all.