Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Living Rellies ADVERTISE !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 17 Aug 2008 07:57

I have been looking for a couple of living cousins of my dad for a year or so now, i knew when & where they where born and where they had lived and parents names . I put an advert on the local papers website in the ex pats part and low and behold i received an email of them yesterday, another cousin of thiers had seen it and she lives in Australia and imformed them of this, they knew whom i was straight away.SO IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE ( did not cost me anything only time and patience). just a little tip

regards
*Tracy*

also put on trying to find board

Nightowl51

Nightowl51 Report 17 Aug 2008 13:10

Hi
I had a penpal when I was 10 who lived in New Zealand and we lost contact.
All I knew was her name and I had a black and white photo.
An old friend of mine who now lives in New Zealand put an advertisment in a local magazine and voila I had a contact.
I met up with her while I was visiting in 2003 and it was great, yes try it, it dosent hurt.
I also have a first cousin who went to live in New Zealand with parents and siblings and all I knew was part of his name, he had 3 initials and that is quite rare.
Someone on here in this forum from new zealand told me that there was someone with this name and initials in Auckland.in the White pages.
I contacted him and yes it was my first cousin!
Also he put me in contact with his two surviving sisters in Australia.
Regards
Carol

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 18 Aug 2008 10:35

Have now had several emails off a few of my dads cousins now word has been passed on to each part of the family, it was a nice suprise yesterday as it was also my dads 61st birthday god bless him ,
i till see him as 47.

Tracy