Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

English Parish records ancestry C.D

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 17 Aug 2008 14:18

Hi I am considering buying a copy of the Yorkshire (West riding), Nottinghamshire C.D rom. I would appreciate it if some one could advise me if the information is the same as on Ancestry Parish records. If this is the case then I already have access to these records, but if there are more records it may be useful as I have many of my ancestors in this area of the country.

Many thanks Sandra

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 17 Aug 2008 17:11

n

Heather

Heather Report 17 Aug 2008 18:48

I rarely look at ancestry parish records as they have so few.

Before you get this cd, have you tried searching on familysearch.org? or freereg?

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 17 Aug 2008 19:05

Hi Heather, The c.d. Claims to have 1,278,322 records. I have been quite fortunate and managed to find a good number of records from ancestry parish records. However, if these are the same as the c.d then I really do not want to waste my money. I was hoping that some one would know how the data compares with ancestry records.

I have used both familysearch. org and Freereg.

Sandra