Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing from birth index?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Megs Dicky Island

Megs Dicky Island Report 20 Aug 2008 14:17

If someone is not on the birth index, does if definately mean it was not registered or could it have been missed off by mistake.

Thanks

Meg

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 20 Aug 2008 14:27

Hi Megs
It depends what year, it wasnt compolsury to register in the ealy years of registration, I have a relie born in 1841 but he isnt on the index

Sam

Sam Report 20 Aug 2008 14:46

It is also possible that they were missed off the quarterly return that the Registrar sent to the GRO.

Sam x

Jayne

Jayne Report 20 Aug 2008 14:47

Do you need help in trying to find someone ?

Worth posting names/dates as a new eye can really help x

Megs Dicky Island

Megs Dicky Island Report 20 Aug 2008 15:33

Thanks everyone for replying, I think he was probably born between 1910 - 1920, is it worth me contacting the GRO for them to do a search (is that expensive).

Sorry didn't get back earlier had to pop out.

Meg

Jayne

Jayne Report 20 Aug 2008 16:58

Do you want us to have a look for you ?

If so, give us any info you DO have

best wishes