Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Birth Certificate - Donagher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joelle

Joelle Report 20 Aug 2008 16:15

I am looking for help, I don't know if anyone can help as I have pretty limited information.

John Donagher born 1894 (22/08/1894 I think) he had a twin brother that died at birth (Thomas Donagher). The thing is I can't find either Birth certificate anywhere or Thomas' Death certificate.

My Grandmother is convinced he was born in Glasgow but I can't find any birth records on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, my mother is convinced he was born in Ireland.

Their father was Thomas Donagher and their mother was Anne (possibly Mary Anne or Anne Mary) Tiernan

Thomas Donagher was also married to Mary Kelly but she died giving birth to a boy called huge.

I believe Thomas Donagher had 2 brothers called Hugh and John.

I have his marriage certificate and Death certificate as these both happened in Glasgow, Scotland. D.O.D 14/11/1968, D.O.M 10/11/1922 to Mary Josephine Gallacher

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :)

Joelle

Rachel

Rachel Report 20 Aug 2008 18:07

Hi,

Have you found John on the 1901 census? This would show you his place of birth.

Did John marry? If so, where?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Rachel

Joelle

Joelle Report 26 Aug 2008 15:22

Hi Rachel, I haven't looked at the 1901 Census.

John did Marry, he was married 10/11/1922 (aged 27) to Mary Josephine Gallacher (aged 25) I think It was St Margaret's Church Glasgow (which was/is a Roman catholic Church)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Apologies for the delay

Joelle