Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry quarter missing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sam

sam Report 20 Aug 2008 22:12

i am trying to find a birth - Brian reginald smith born 1943/44 - have checked all quarters bar one which is missing. the missing quarter is July, aug, sept 1943 for the above named. can anyone help find this and if so, can you email me the page.

it is so frustrating when you spend time searching and a missing quarter could hold all the answers!!!

Sam

Sam

Sam Report 20 Aug 2008 22:13

It isn't missing, it will have been indexed wrongly. Search for Smithson or something and then use the green arrows to go back until you get the page you want.

sam

sam Report 20 Aug 2008 22:16

Sam

I will try this - as if i don't have enough problems with the name Smith already.

thank you
sam

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Aug 2008 22:16

That qtr. is not missing on Ancestry. There are quite a lot of Brian R. Smiths born that qtr. Do you know where he was born or his mother's maiden name?

Kath. x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Aug 2008 22:17

You want image 49 out of 105 for the letter S

sam

sam Report 20 Aug 2008 22:32

kathleen,

You are right, i just checked, that quarter is there but when i checked earlier today at work, i wrote tht it wasn't - not sure what happened there.

I am trying to find a Brian Reginald Smith born 1943/1944/1945 . think he was born in swindon. Not sure of mothers maiden name - he was aged 24 in 1968. the name smith is a nightmare and another side of my tree is Jones!!! I am trying to trace further down and find his father as i know mothers maiden name would help.

Sam

sam

sam Report 20 Aug 2008 22:57

glitter baby

thank you - cannot find the smith i want

sam

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Aug 2008 23:10

The nearest I can find to Swindon in the three years that you give is this one:-

Brian R, Smith, mmn Bramble
Sept. qtr. 1944, Trowbridge, 5a, 303.

Don't know if this might be the one.

Kath. x

sam

sam Report 21 Aug 2008 11:44

thanks kathleen

will try and see if this matches up with the the other info i have.

sam

jeannie

jeannie Report 21 Aug 2008 12:40

sam
keep trying it can be very rewarding to find SMITH's i have been very lucky to find a relitive who kept the familys original certificates intact dating back to 1845 YEH!
this was a great boon and make things easier.

PS don't dispair my grand father and my grandmother were both SMITH's .....unrelated of course.