Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Permission Problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 21 Aug 2008 07:00

I am having problems accessing peoples trees that have allowed me to see their tree,twice now i have received the "Tree Shared " message saying that i am now able to access their tree.But when i go to view their tree access is denied the red "X" is still through their tree.Any suggestions on what is wrong...thanks

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 21 Aug 2008 09:26

I wonder if this is a Genes problem as I have had the same.
I have received the message 'I have shared my tree' which is generated when you change the tree permission to allow access but on the message there is still the red 'X'.
Unless the person has immediately removed permission, which seems unlikely, then Genes has a problem - either they are not changing permission or they are sending messages which have not been originated by the tree owner.
Try asking the people if they have allowed you access not forgetting to explain why you want to know!!

Andy

Steven

Steven Report 21 Aug 2008 10:33

yes Andy,i think you are right.I am getting the generated message and also a personal message from the tree owner saying that they have allowed me to see their tree,but when i go to view the tree i get the red x. My uncle was one who allowed me to see his tree and im sure that he wouldn't revoke his permission.
I have sent a message to support with this problem let hope they can change the permissions on the 2 that have allowed me to see their tree and also fix the problem instead of saying that the tree owner hasn't given me permission.