Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nero 6 help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 22 Aug 2008 10:25

I´ve been using Nero 6 for a couple of years now. I use it to copy all my photos on. Suddenly it has stopped burning when I try it says I´m using the wrong type of disc. This is crazy as these are the same discs I´ve always used. I´ve tried erasing everything (which works) then re doing it, I´ve tried numerous discs and have also bought new ones (of all types just in case) still it´s not working. I´ve been very happy with it until now. I´d really appreciate some help, thank you.

Chica

Alan

Alan Report 22 Aug 2008 15:53

Just a suggestion..................uninstall and re-install
Nero or just put Nero disc in again and software might repair itself.

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 22 Aug 2008 20:07

Hi,
Go to the Nero web site and download their uninstaller since uninstalling it through Windows does not clear the Registry settings.
You will be wasting your time. I cannot remember what the file was called but I typed in Nero 6 uninstall problem in "google" and was directed to the Nero file.
Cheers
Paul

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 22 Aug 2008 23:06

Thanks Alan & Paul.

Alan I haven´t got the Nero disc as it was already installed on my PC (Yes, I know i should have asked for it - but I wasn´t very PC wise then).

Paul, same problem if I uninstall then I have to buy an updated version of Nero as I don´t have disc.

I´ve looked at a few free programmes but they seem to be free trials for 15 days only.

I feel somewhat frustrated about this as I hate not knowing WHY it won´t work.

If I have to buy a prog do you think Nero is the best?

Really I just need to burn my photos and gen data and don´t use all the other facilities.

Thanks for helping
Chica

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 23 Aug 2008 04:01

Have you googled your problem ? nero 6+wrong disk message? A few answers on there.

I've had lots of pc help with google.

Cheers Gerry

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 23 Aug 2008 16:33

Hi Chica,

Try Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.7

I`ve found it to be a lot simpler than Nero 6 which I used for a while and found similar problems as well as feeling quite awkward to record with.

Ashampoo is free to use but you have to register which of course means you may get an e-mail every 2/3 days with offers of some of their other products.
Deleting an e-mail once every few days for an excellent program is a small price to pay and who knows you might want to purchase some of their upgrades etc.!!!!!

Web site below, just cut and paste

http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html

Frank

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 23 Aug 2008 17:53

Thanks Gerry, yes I did Google. Will give it another go tonight.

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 27 Aug 2008 23:01

Many apologies for not getting back (phone line probs) to thank everyone who helped me. I have now downloaded the Ashampoo programme and it is working beautifully. Many thanks Frank06 . You are right it is easier to use than Nero and seems much faster too.

Thanks also Paul for the tip about uninstall. I have other programmes stuck which I can´t seem to remove. Will now uninstall Nero.

I´m so happy to be able to burn all my photos especially when it is free!