Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

m i ,s info please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 22 Aug 2008 22:27

hi does anyone one know of any sites that i maybe able to look up on for mi,s in the northeast of england . i would be very gratefull of any help thanks in advance

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Aug 2008 22:38

mi's<<<is that a name?

Sorry Amanda but i dont understand your question.

Gerri x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Aug 2008 22:39

Do you mean monumental inscriptions?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Aug 2008 22:41

DOH! silly me! lol

Well done GB

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Aug 2008 22:42

My local library has the ones produced by the family history society for the area

Crystal ball is working tonight LOL

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Aug 2008 22:52

Have a look at this site:-

http://www.interment.net/uk/eng/index.htm

It is by no means complete, but you can choose a county and then choose a cemetery or churchyard.
The information from gravestones or burial records are supplied by volunteers I think, but I did find my grandmother and her parents names on the Stranton Grange Cemetery in Durham.

Kath. x

Amanda

Amanda Report 22 Aug 2008 22:53

ty everyone for your quick response yes i mean inscriptions . i work dodgey hours so find it hard to get to the library or history center and was wondering if there were any sites ?

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 22 Aug 2008 23:00

Family History Online has some Monumental Inscriptions online.

You can search for free but pay to view for the results.

http://www.familyhistoryonline.net

Chris

Amanda

Amanda Report 22 Aug 2008 23:05

ty kath just looked at that site but unfortunately doesnt have the cemetries that i would like to look at but it is very interesting ,chris im about to look at the site you have suggested