Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Full Membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 23 Aug 2008 10:42

I have seen someone mention full membership to this site for 38 pnds. Can someone direct me to where I can get more info on this. What does full membership give you?

I've been a paying member since 2003 but not paying anything like 38 pnds.

Selena

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Aug 2008 10:45

Hi Selena
All that full membership gives is access to BMD,s and census without buying units to search. If you have Ancestry or Find my Past you will already have access to full records.

Selena in South East London Report 23 Aug 2008 10:46

I just found this on the help page.

The Gold Membership fee will be as indicated on the payment page on the Genes Reunited Service (and may differ depending on which country you are residing in). This entitles you to all the usual upgraded facilities:

You can contact other members through the site

You can post and reply to messages on our message boards

You can allow other members to see your tree

You view other members' trees when they have given you access to it

With Gold membership you also get unlimited credits in our records section. This means you can search all of our census, BMD and military records as often as you want for no further charge for 6 months.

Is anyone a Gold member? How much is it? Is it worth it?

Selena in South East London Report 23 Aug 2008 10:47

Thanks Shirley, no I don't have subs to any other sites.

Would be interested others opinions on this Gold membership.

Heather

Heather Report 23 Aug 2008 11:05

Selena, Id have thought paying for an ancestry.co.uk for just over double that (using a link to ancestry through quidco.com) is a much better buy for all the census info and the full bmd and so much more.

Hang on, Gold membership £38 for only 6 months!! Definitely spend the money on ancestry!

Selena in South East London Report 23 Aug 2008 11:28

Thanks Heather. Can't spend any money yet - just got car out of the garage (500 pnds repairs!).

If I do get a windfall, I think I go for Ancestry then.

Selena

Heather

Heather Report 23 Aug 2008 15:35

You can get the 14 days trial Selena free and then just dump it before the end of the trial. They normally offer you 20% off the sub if you do that.