Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Website for sharing & searching Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 23 Aug 2008 19:16

I know many of us have dozens of certificates-(some of which are not who we were looking for)

www.bmdshare.com is a good site to see if someone else already has the certificate you are interested in- so saving money and maybe finding unknown family members.

But it does rely on everyone adding their cert details on there for it to work fully- so if you haven't checked it recently go and take a look! You never know. I have spent all afternoon adding many of my certs!

Harmonyb

Harmonyb Report 23 Aug 2008 21:50

Thankyou for reminding me, Ive put a lot of my certificates on this site, but not all yet. I must get on with it!!
Kathy

Audrey

Audrey Report 24 Aug 2008 09:40

nudging because this could be a brilliant site and is not only for unwanted certificates.

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Aug 2008 10:08

what a great idea .. i have joined now .. thanks

Victoria

Victoria Report 24 Aug 2008 10:26

Lorna

Thanks for this. I think this is a great idea. I have been researching for a while now and have lots of certificates, many unwanted!! I am always happy to share my information. I would imagine the success of the site depends on likeminded people. Thanks again!

Vicki

Lorna

Lorna Report 27 Aug 2008 20:05

If we can all add a few certificates then the possibilities are endless

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 27 Aug 2008 20:47

I add all my certs as I go along there are now:

6,223 - Birth certs
5,494 - Marriage certs
3,921 - Death certs

I think this is a great site. Keep adding, it could save us all loads!

Vicky X