Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost on the 1861 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Moira

Moira Report 25 Aug 2008 17:41

I have an Edward Davies, born about 1828 in Halkin, Flintshire on the '41 and '51 census returns. He married in 1852, his wife's name was Elizabeth (Humphreys). I have Elizabeth on the '71 census. She was widowed with six children and living in Holywell, Flintshire. Children :William, b abt 1853, Halkin, Flints; Sarah, b abt 1858, Hanley, Staffs; Barbara, b 1859, Hanley, Staffs; Robert, B abt 1862, Halkin, Flints. I have trawled the '61 census for this family many times in every way I can think of without any success. Is there anyone who maybe has more imagination/experience willing to have a go?
Another piece of info-Edward's elder brother Thomas was in Hanley in '61, RG9/1931- Folio 40-Page 30.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Aug 2008 20:17

for reference

1871 Wales Census

Name: Elizabeth Davies
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1830
Relation: Head
Where born: Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales
Civil Parish: Holywell
Ecclesiastical parish: Bagillt
County/Island: Flintshire
Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image
Registration district: Holywell
Sub registration district: Holywell
ED, institution, or vessel: 11
Household schedule number: 35
Household Members: Name Age
Barbara Davies 11
Elizabeth Davies 41
John Davies 6
Mary Ann Davies 4
Robert Davies 9
Sarah Davies 13
William Davies 18

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Aug 2008 22:37

Oh Moira you are so lucky. I have been searching for years for John Davies, born Llanasa, North Wales (Flint), about 1841, father Peter, a Quarryman. He moved to Glossop, Derbyshire before 1881, I think he was married before moving there. I guess his first wife did not die until around 1890 when he married my gg grandmother. Not found him on any census before 1881.

Any help gratefully received.

Margaret

Moira

Moira Report 26 Aug 2008 17:22

Thank you for your responses. Good luck Margaret in your hunt for the elusive John Davies. Cheers, Moira.