Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting someone from family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 26 Aug 2008 16:08

Hello,
Can anyone help me. I have entered some wrong information on my family tree and cannot delete them. I have accidently added them twice. I have tried the udual 'edit' but it will not let me delete the person.
Adnil48

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 26 Aug 2008 16:24

Has you added children for the person? They will have to be deleted first if you have.

Linda

Linda Report 26 Aug 2008 16:47

Hello Keith,
I have now deleted most of the children. I am one of them and it will not let me delete myself. I have deleted nearly 30 people in total but still it will not let me delete the ones I want to.
Any other suggestions?

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 26 Aug 2008 16:51

Unfortunately not, what about getting in touch with GR?
They should be able to sort it out for you. The tree facility on here is rubbish, you are better off with an offline one then uploading the info via Gedcom onto here.

Linda

Linda Report 26 Aug 2008 16:57

Hello Keith,
Thanks for your help. I will get in touch with GR now. I do not know how to do the Gedcom bit. I am not very computer literate!

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 26 Aug 2008 17:10

Linda, Gedcom is a file format for genealogical data, all good tree programmes will produce one that can be uploaded onto GR. Offline programmes are far better than GR's tree.

Linda

Linda Report 26 Aug 2008 17:21

Hello Keith,

Thanks for info. Will try something tomorrow. Have to go now to cook dinner.
Thanks once again for help.
Linda