Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Treemaker - unbelievable bargains

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 12:12

I went to amazon to check out the current prices for a mate

The have the WDYTYA version with a months ancestry sub for £2.98!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Family-Tree-Maker-Version/dp/B000IWN49E/ref=pd_sbs_sw_h__1

and the Deluxe WDYTYA with extra cds for £17.98 including 3 months sub to ancestry.

NB Neil has found the 2006 de luxe on ebay for £12 even less than amazon.

At these prices, no excuse!

John

John Report 28 Aug 2008 12:33

Nice one Heather,
Excellent price.... I have the 2006 version, runs great, no problems wonder if it is worth 'upgrading'?

Reading the reviews on Amazon, the basic version runs ok with vista and lots more but seems to be some issues with the delux version and Vista so check the reviews and make sure it will work on your version of Windows before you buy.

Neil

Neil Report 28 Aug 2008 12:36

You can get FTM with 90 days ancestry on ebay for £10+p&p

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 13:05

John the 2006 is same as WDYTYA. Stick with the one you have.

Blimey Neil, thats a good price, but who is the seller? Im always a bit dubious about ebay stuff.

The £17.98 one on amazon is the de luxe edition which has all the extra cds and stuff I think, which may be good for complete newbies.

Neil

Neil Report 28 Aug 2008 13:12

Here is the link to the ebay one. Sellers appears to be fine based upon feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FAMILY-TREE-MAKER-2006-DELUXE-5-CD-FULL-UK-DATA-NEW_W0QQitemZ310077324885QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310077324885&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 13:17

That IS good Neil. The other one on there for a tenner is just the standard one - which you can get for a tenner on most of the genealogical sites. But the one you give the link to IS the 2006 de luxe version. Even with the pp its still a five quid less than amazon. (Though the amazon WDYTYA 2006 version still may be better for newbies as it has a training cd aswell?)

They must be about to bring out a new WDYTYA version I reckon.

I have the 2008 but gave up on it and went back to my 2006 v16.