Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Windows xp

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 28 Aug 2008 15:34

I have recently been updated and since then every time I boot up, the following appears and makes noises at me until I say OK.

The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.

Can someone more computer literate than me please tell me what this means.

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 15:48

Do you mean you had the automatic MS updates?

If so, go to the system restore and go back to before they updated. Usually I get weird things happening after MS updates (though Im on VISTA now) and its because the updates havent downloaded correctly.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 28 Aug 2008 15:52

Yes, they were automatic updates and quite a lot of them. Will try the system restore and see if this cures the problem. Thanks.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 28 Aug 2008 19:51

Tried to restore but it won't let me do it. Probably me but thanks again.

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 20:03

What a pain. The last load before this lot crashed my puter - I ended up having to ring the computer techis and rebooting the computer using the reboot cd. They said it was when the updates hadnt completed properly that it causes problems.

Yesterday I got another load and when I switched on the puter the screen was black with lots of numbers and stuff running across it. I thought oh no, here we go again but then that went off and it did restart properly.

Can you ring a techi? May be someone will be along on here soon to help.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Aug 2008 20:04

Try this forum, Here is a link to the answer to your problem?

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=10216

I would read all the page befor you do anything

also this

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=300012&forumid=1

Roy

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 28 Aug 2008 20:06

Yes will give my local tech a ring tomorrow. Had enough for today. Thanks porkie pie, will try that but packing it in for now.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 29 Aug 2008 16:23

Thanks again everyone. The young man where I originally bought my computer talked me through sorting it.