Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ED, Institution, Vessels on Census Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 28 Aug 2008 17:33

Hi,

Although I'm not brand new to this there are still things that I have not yet learnt about.

For instance, I know that this row indicates that the person lived at some kind of workhouse, large school or a emuneration district.

However I am not sure how I can search on the number provided on that particular row of the record.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Nikki

Potty

Potty Report 28 Aug 2008 19:42

You can't search by putting in names but you can browse the pages for the ED (Enumeration District)

Click on Home; click on the census you want and scroll down. There is a list of counties. Click on the county and then the parish and then the District. This will bring up all the pages for that district and you can search through them by using the next arrow at the top of the screen.