Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flash Player probs AGAIN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DD

DD Report 28 Aug 2008 17:37

Having probs with Flashplayer. Have to run uninstaller and then install every time I want to use it. It will stay with me only until I switch off my computer. When I switch on again, I have to run uninstaller and reinstall all over again. This is getting on my nerves and wish I knew how to solve prob. Errol the sheep has helped in past - are you out there Errol? HELP

Carol71

Carol71 Report 28 Aug 2008 19:32

I have the same problem-Flash won't work on MSN or Internet explorer, so I downloaded Mozilla firefox, and it works through this browser.

Carol

DD

DD Report 28 Aug 2008 19:45

Thanks Carol, will try that

Dee

DD

DD Report 29 Aug 2008 20:50

Tried downloading the Firefox, it didn't make any difference AAAAGGHHHH, so have now uninstalled it and am stuck with same problem as before. Am I going to have to PAY silly money to let someone else sort it for me, or have I to waste a good deal of my life uninstalling and reinstalling Flashplayer?

John

John Report 29 Aug 2008 22:34

Debs,
go here and read up on your problem.
But make sure when you do download the latest version , that its from the true Adobe site.

Lately there have been false sites setup to get you to download a trojan, do a check with google .

the link you need to go to is

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15511

copy and paste this into your browser main window where the http:// is situated.

good luck

john