Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One Half of a Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lrain

Lrain Report 28 Aug 2008 20:01

I have one half of a marriage. John Spencer Married Ann ???? September 1867 9b 529 Leeds. Without knowing Anns maiden name how will I find the other side of the entry.(does this make sense)?

Kind regards Lrain

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 20:04

Did you click on the number at the end? That will give you all those on that page. Of course if you wanted you could buy their kids birth cert for the info.

Heather

Heather Report 28 Aug 2008 20:06

Marriages Sep 1867 (>99%)
>>>BURLEY Ann Leeds 9b 529 Scan available - click to view
Field Jane Leeds 9b 529 Scan available - click to view
Hall Thomas Leeds 9b 529 Scan available - click to view
>>>>SPENCER John Leeds 9b 529

Go back yourself now and try it out.

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 28 Aug 2008 20:08

Hi Lrain

This is off ancestry
9b 529

Ann Burley 1867 Jul-Aug-Sep Leeds (1837-1929) Yorkshire - West Riding

John Spencer 1867 Jul-Aug-Sep Leeds (1837-1929) Yorkshire - West Riding

Lrain

Lrain Report 28 Aug 2008 20:20

Thanks for all you help and I have gone back and I clicked 529 liked you suggested Heather and the names did come up. Thanks every so much I didn't know I could do that.

Kind regards Lrain

mgnv

mgnv Report 28 Aug 2008 20:27

Since your marr took place in Leeds, which is one of the Rego D's available on Yorks BMDs, in this case, we can also look at the Leeds RO index as well as the GRO index, and we find:

Yorkshire Marriage indexes for the years: 1867
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
SPENCER John BURLEY Ann St Peter, Leeds Leeds CE46/73/193
SPENCER John WILSON Harriet St Peter, Leeds Leeds CE46/73/172

http://www.yorkshirebmd.info/cgi/marrind.cgi