Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

address look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 28 Aug 2008 22:17

Please would some one look up who was living at Forge st Bolton on the 1901. I am specifically looking for members of the fox family and house numbers associated with them have included 8 and 16

many thanks Nicola

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Aug 2008 22:22

Can be done on National Archives but there is a charge to view the actual results.

Any idea of names and ages of who you are looking for

Nicola

Nicola Report 28 Aug 2008 22:26

Hi didn't know there was a charge -thought there wasa subscription service that I've not got! Didn't mean to sound presumptive sorry.

I have documents placing families there in 1905 and later. Margeret Peter and james thomas and mary are evident in every generation so this would be my guess but I'm fishing for people I dont know about really! Guess I'll have to trawl through the registers for 1901 until I find the street!
Cheers
Nicola

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Aug 2008 22:29

Nicola,

Not a problem. Most members do not realise about costs on National Archives. You can search for free but it does cost to view the results.

Might be useful to do the search on National Archives to give some idea of which district the street was in.

Maureen