Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WFT in an Ancestry tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 28 Aug 2008 22:29

I think I may have found a work of fiction in an Ancestry tree. What does WFT stand for. For birth it has WFT Est 1827- 1858 which if this is his birthgdate as the presumed father according to this tree is born 1832. Of course I don't have proof that he is who I think he is so I may have to order his BC just to prove that the presumed father is in fact his uncle.

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 28 Aug 2008 22:43

WFT = World Family Tree

OWT = One World Tree

The OWT is a compilation of uploaded gedcom files, the software used looks at the names, dates and places noted in each file and if a likely match occurs between two or more files then the details are "merged" together. he theory is that all the separate files will combine to make "one world tree".

Glen

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 28 Aug 2008 22:44

Why didn't I think of that! Thanks Mick. I still think I'mgoing to order his BC now just to prove that he's the son of my gggrandfather. I won't be contacting the submitter, after all they are related to someone who has done years of proven research on the family and has a website with all their sources listed.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 28 Aug 2008 22:46

Thanks Glen. Might give it a while before ordering the certificate, perhaps after the current WDYTYA has finished.